Located in the Lake Nona area of Orlando, the Eagle Creek Golf Club is home to a beautiful 18-hole golf course and a 14,000 square foot New England-style clubhouse that has been host to so many incredible weddings! Whether in the unique round ballroom that overlooks the 18th green or the gorgeous pergola area, you are welcomed with a neutral space that accepts nearly any style you choose. We have been lucky enough to be a part of some amazing weddings in this space and can attest to the great staff and great food! This month we got to talk to Heather, the Catering Sales Manager at Eagle Creek, more about the space and here is what we found out:
What is the history behind the building & Eagle Creek Golf Club, how long has it been open to weddings?
– The clubhouse was built in 2004 by a British family as golf was their favorite past time. Then they opened up the surrounding area for homes to be built. The same owner still owns the property although we do have a management company running the clubhouse its self! I believe the first wedding was held here in 2006 they had a handful each year after that but we really dived into the wedding\event industry back in 2010 when our catering department was fully born.
What are the benefits of a wedding in your space?
– Our wedding space is a bit different than others because our view from the ballroom is floor to ceiling overlooking the 18th green & pond, same view from the ceremony lawn & pergola area. It really feels like your binging the outdoors in! We also have the option to hold both indoor & outdoor events. We are in an up & coming area of Central Florida close to the airport with multiple hotels in the area as well. We do all of the work for you, we are determined to have the staff fully set up the event space for you, this way you don’t have to worry about a Mom, Aunt or friend missing the important getting ready moments with you & your bridal party. Between us and your day of planner we set everything up & break everything down as well… we want you to come in, say “I Do”, eat, drink, party & head home to relax!
What should the client expect when booking the Eagle Creek team?
– We are a very hands-on venue, we like to help with every aspect & ensure our client is getting the best & correct services. We are happy to contract additional vendors for you (planners, lighting, rentals, etc) to take some of that work off of their plate. Our banquet staff are all fully trained with each situation & quick to help make decisions that are necessary, We really make our couples part of the Eagle Creek family, we have had many couples return for baby showers, birthdays & anniversary parties as well.
What items are included in the rental of the Eagle Creek Golf Club?
– We are a full-service venue we include for the Ceremony location: all tables & chairs needed along with a white carpet runner. Cocktail hour location on the cobblestone patio includes all tables needed, bar set up & drink stations. Reception space also includes full set up, tables, chairs, floor-length linen, dance floor, a day of wedding planner, custom menu & floorplan planning, bridal party locker room suites, Champagne toast, Tasting and full set up & breakdown services! Food & beverages packages are also available & can be fully customized if the couple would like.
What are some important facts about each the rental spaces, capacity, starting price, etc?
– The Eagle Creek Golf Club can hold any type of event but of course, the majority of events we hold are weddings. The ceremony lawn, which can also be used as an outdoor reception space, can accommodate up to 250+ guests. Our indoor reception location can accommodate up to 150 guests. The site rental which includes ceremony, cocktail hour & reception a 5 ½ hour package starts at $2500, plus whichever food & beverage package you choose to add to your event. Of course, all other events are priced based on the time frame needed & which areas are being rented out.
– What is your favorite wedding trend at the moment or a trend that worked well at Eagle Creek?
Personally, I love market lighting & farm tables there is something about a reception under the stars with market lights & that romantic glow that goes perfectly with the soft romance of farm tables & chiffon runners… oooh how dreamy!