Eco-Friendly Weddings are becoming more and more common in the wedding industry. They focus on eco-friendly ways to help plan & execute different events. Being proactive with finding and using new ways to tweak your wedding so it helps the environment is a great way to start your planning.
Here are some helpful tips to start making your wedding more eco-friendly for the world and your future together.
· Choose a local location to where the majority of your guests are from so they travel less.
· Look into using LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices.) certified venues, solar powered lights, or have an outside ceremony.
· Invite smaller numbers, which is less kitchen supplies, water, air conditioning, and paper spent. You could also have it during a cooler season so no AC is needed.
· Provide a shuttle bus to and from the nearest hotel where your guests are staying at and where the wedding is taking place in order to save gas and use less trips with just one vehicle.
· Kitchen and Catering
Use washable dishware to save paper and styrofoam waste.
Washable napkins instead of paper ones.
Negotiate with the catering company to see if decomposing food waste is an option with used food.
· Invitations could be either online or with printed on recycled paper.
· Build your own home garden and make all floral bouquets from it.
· Borrow or rent dress ware like a gown or tux and use local tailors.
· Plants and seeds make great wedding favors.
· Use Biodegradable wish lanterns for a ceremony or the exit.