I am meeting more and more brides these days that say they would like to see the groom before they walk down the aisle. Now, I know this doesn’t go with tradition, but times are changing! Gone are the days where the soon-to-be-married couples must stay away from each other before the ceremony. Ultimately, I say that it’s your wedding, and you do things how you want to do, no matter if it’s tradition or not. If you are considering seeing your groom before the ceremony, but are on the fence, maybe this article will sway your decision, written by a wedding photographer. See below for a recap:
1. The Aisle Experience: You will still get butterflies when you are walking down the aisle, regardless if you’ve seen him before that moment of not.
2. Nerves: seeing each other beforehand helps calm a lot of bride’s nerves.
3. A Moment Alone: There won’t be many of them on your wedding day. Cherish it!
4. Party Sooner: If you do a “First Look”, you will save time after the ceremony and will actually be able to enjoy your cocktail hour with your guests, instead of rushing through your pictures.
5. Photos!: this is the most important part, right? The pictures captured during your first look, in a private setting, always turn out special, gorgeous and breathtaking.
6. Spend the Day Together: Enjoy each other’s company. The day will be over before you know it!
7. Stress-free zone: There will be no stress for your planner, photographer or venue staff to stick on time if you get most of the photos out of the way before the ceremony.